Now From the Whitworths, Authors of
The Award Winning Book:
"A Caregivers Guide to Lewy Body Dementia"
"Managing Cognitive Issues" provides a broad overview of the disease and techniques for management that goes far beyond simple medication management. The Whitworth's insight and case-based approach to learning helps to make this book highly readable and helpful."
Geri Hall, PhD, ARNP, GCNS-BC, FAAN.
(Dr. Hall specializes in dementia caregiver assistance and is the author of many caregiver-related articles.)
Written in the author’s signature style, this book is an excellent reference for anyone dealing with Lewy body-related disorders such as Parkinson's disease and early Lewy body dementia.
- includes personal stories
This book explains about early symptoms that occur with Lewy body disorders like Parkinson's and Lewy body dementia and the care involved.
- Difficult to manage symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, anxiety, sleep problems
- A sensitivity to those drugs most commonly used to manage the above symptoms.
- Drugs that are less, and more, safe with Lewy bodies
- Evidence-based alternatives that tend to decrease the need for drugs while increasing quality of life for everyone involved:
o Communication skills
o Healthy lifestyle choices
o Internal and external stress management skills
o Therapies, such as physical, music, aromatherapy and touch.